Bulb Fashion Photography Guidelines
We enjoy seeing great photography on BulbFashion.com. We know that our shoppers get inspired by beautiful imagery, plus it helps to build your brand identity and emphasises how amazing your products are too.
Whether it’s indoors or outdoors, on location or in a studio, the best place to shoot your imagery is totally up to you. We do have a few things you need to think about before snapping, though.
Please don’t use:
- Stark lighting: we want your shots to look as natural as possible – try to shoot in natural light or, if you have to lift the shots, keep any artificial lighting as natural-looking as possible and try not to have product or models floating in stark white space
- Too much editing: don’t over retouch or add harsh filters, borders or watermarks to your shots. We also don’t allow collages – images should contain only one shot
- Images which don’t make it clear what is being sold: for example, when shooting jewellery please don’t stack/layer items – it must be explicitly clear which item is up for grabs in your listing
- Someone else’s imagery: you must own the shots you upload to your boutique – we don’t allow stock imagery/imagery from suppliers on Bulb Fashion.com, even if you have purchased the rights to use the images
- Black and white images
- Catwalk shots
- Flat shots*, pack shots or mannequin shots: clothing must always be shot on a model, mannequin or clearly on a flat surface (due to social distancing measures). Remember to list in men’s and women’s categories to gain visibility
- Accessories can be shot without a model but please try to use a background that helps style the item. Plain background preferably, something fun, engaging, and unique to your brand is also acceptable.
The BulbFashion’s team check new listings daily – if any listings are found which don’t follow the above, we’ll need to remove them from the site while you make a few changes. Check your dashboard notification centre for any fixes we require
Image sizes and extra details:
- Product images: you can upload maximum of four portrait images per product listing. Try to use the shots to showcase all the details of the product you’re selling. Images have to be a minimum of 870x990px or equivalent high-resolution images